Friday, December 3, 2010

Entry #3 The Salvation Army and Baja Blast.

So, it's been a while since I've registered thoughts and feelings on this ol' blog.  I've been spending my time brainstorming ways to manipulate a market not tapped yet.  My thought was t-shirts.  That is, the idea is to print t-shirts with nifty sayings and or pictures on them and then to sell them online(this blog). Original idea which will lead to massive profit(I learned about this stuff in Econ 100).  Okay, so I actually do have a few things I want to talk about in this third entry, and they're about basic charities, Baja Blast, and my registered feelings over people in general.  So let's get rockin' as Duey played by Jack Black in School of Rock would say(I'm so sorry readers...):

1.)  So I went to Wal*Mart this evening and rather than being completely consumed by the massive dark, low priced, well oiled Walton Corporate machine, I found myself surviving yet another encounter, and studiously pondering upon something that happened as I walked out.  It's Christmas time, and as such the Salvation Army stands outside in the brisk, freezing weather shaking their bells trying to shake people of their money.  I found myself purchasing reasonably priced razors so that I'd have a surplus of change which I promptly used to donate straight to the man with the bell(Bells are really persuasive....as are belles ;) ).  So, that leads me to my point, why couldn't everyone just take their change and donate it to the salvation army as soon as their done purchasing their products and goods?  It's naive and idealistic of me, but perhaps I'm clinging to what's left of those sentiments.  I know people feel guilted to donate a penny or two when they walk out(it takes a real cold person to not donate anything at all.)  But what if what they donated was actually substantial.  5 dollars would make a heap of difference in someone who is less fortunate's Christmas.  I dunno, After supplying Wal Mart of money, I felt a little better about myself after donating to the Salvation Army immediately after...Cleaner at least.  Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

2.)  On the lighter side, and yet darker entirely, Mountain Dew Baja Blast is a nectar.  It's lighter because it's a light subject matter, but it's darker because it's poisonous to our fragile bodies.  Especially mine since I consume a large cup of it twice a week.  In fact, it's probably for the best that it's only sold at Taco Bell, because my body would probably be in the worse condition imaginable if it were sold in retail and grocery stores.  It's clearly a nectar from the fountains of heaven in which the angels of Audry Hepburn and Gretta Garbo swim in.  And I for one thank our holy creator(s) for the substance, and I thank Yum!  Brands Inc. for uncovering the rare bounty in the plains of Nauru.  The good has the same market value as platinum.  Believe me, I learned it in Econ 100.

3.)  I don't know how to express the last point without sappy poetry that follows an ABAB pattern that's not in perfect iambic pantemeter, that reeks of pretentious amateur-ness.  However, I'll summarize the jist of what I was going to say in one sentence.  People are interesting, and interacting with different feelings, sentiments, and emotions of people can become tiring.  Perhaps that's too vague to be a real point, but it'll suffice for now.

Oh, a fourth point.

4.)  Tomas Kalnoky of Streetlight Manifesto and Daniel Potthast of MU330 released an ep called You By Me.  It's really fantastic, I'd really recommended buying it.  It's one of the few pleasures in life that will cure sea sickness ;)

That's basically the entry of the day.  I hope you drink Baja Blast, donate to the Salvation Army, buy You By Me, and don't mind the folks who frustrate you emotionally in life.



-P.V.C



1 comment: