Sunday, June 26, 2011

Entry 23: Ukulele Covers

Okay, I was actually working on another blog that I'm saving for the next entry now about the Green Lantern and Thor movies.  I decided to postpone that to post an entry featuring covers of some of my favorite songs on the Ukulele...It's a bit of a hobby of mine.  That is, I enjoy looking up amateur covers of artists I enjoy, but by people who aren't professional and that happen to play the Ukulele.  So.  Let's get started shall we?




Okay, so this cover is of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists.  This cover literally left me breathless.  It's so beautiful.  Like.  How even?  Maybe you can watch and decide if you agree with me or not.


Ben Folds - The Luckiest.






Okay, this is a song from one of my favorite albums.  This is actually a really good cover of a good Andrew Bird song.  Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left.






This is probably one of my favorite covers I've stumbled upon.  This is the only video that she's done, at least as far as I can see, but it's really fantastic.  I don't know what to say to describe the quality of all these covers I'm posting that's not overly repetitive, but I just wanted an excuse to post some of these. It's Young The Giant's Cough Syrup.




Okay, this next one is really charming, it's a cute girl, with a Joker poster in the background no less, with a cute accent doing a Neutral Milk Hotel cover.  Does it get any better than that?  I don't think so.  It's just SO charming.  In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.





So, this next Ukulele cover isn't like the best cover I've ever heard, but something about it is really relaxing.  It's surprisingly really difficult to find great Streetlight Manifesto Ukulele covers.  Surprisingly.  Anyway, this is a really good Ukulele player.  Doing one of my all time favorite songs, Somewhere in the Between.





This song has always had a really personal meaning for me, and this cover is very endearing.  It's a very lovely cover.  Que Sera Sera by Doris Day.


A cover from one of my favorite movies, Dooley Wilson's As Time Goes By from Casablanca.  This is a really good cover.  It's really relaxing, and it get's really into it.  



Okay, to conclude this Ukulele cover blog, this is a great song by one of my favorite bands, Los Campesinos, The Sea is a Good Place to think of the Future.  A great cover, maybe it's the accent? She stumbles in the middle and all you can do is smile, yano?



Anyway that's all I wanted to post today.  Not really a real set of writing, but maybe some of you readers will look for some ukulele covers yourselves, because there's a lot of people who are really talented out there on the interwebs.  Anyway.  The next blog should be up in a few days.

<3<3<3<3<3


No comments:

Post a Comment